Management training for foreign management personnel
On behalf of InWEnt Internationale Weiterbildung und Entwicklung gGmbH, Carl Duisberg Centren and Jansky Institut jointly offered classes on the topic of "International management skills" from 1999 to 2000. This modular course of training and further education was part of InWEnt's "Industrial country training" for young managers outside of Germany.
These courses were taught on a very practical level and were aimed at building capacity. Interactive learning methods helped to ensure that work is independent, creative and application-oriented. Cultural standards which play a role in management processes were taken into account.
The first training module used everyday situations in companies to impart management techniques which were communicative and of relevance to the work process. Participants were able to get to know modern organization forms and management standards. The emphasis was placed on the efficient design of workflows and their implementation in a team (cooperation, moderation and presentation).
Subjects that have been covered by the first training module:
- Time management and work organization
- The fundamentals of communications
- How to conduct meetings, interviews and negotiations successfully
- Communication in teams: information management, presentation, moderation, organizing meetings
The second module covered the "Management of change and optimization in modern companies". Participants learned how to use the knowledge and skills they have gained in actual practice and how they can introduce and implement change processes in their companies.
Subjects that have been covered by the second training module:
- Organization forms and organizational development
- Change processes: phases and behavior of protagonists
- Management of change processes
- Personnel management
- Strategic management
- Project management
- Quality management
The third training module dealed with the "Management of change projects within organizations". Within the framework of a workshop, concrete steps and components of changes were planned. The participants were then able to put these into practice in their companies. The effects of these measures on the structures of the companies, the training and education level of personnel, networks and communication flows were identified and discussed.
Subjects that have been covered by the third training module:
- The fundamentals and stages of change management
- Objectives of change: opportunities, limits, capacities
- The role of the manager in the change process: the tasks of the change agent
- Change processes: obstacles and catalysts
- Phases of a change process
- Evaluating the objectives achieved and the sustainability of changes
- Taking into account related development policy issues during the change process